Friday, November 12, 2010

Ethical Leadership

We talked about Ethical Leadership this week in class. Ethical Leadership to me is the moral stance a leader has in their position. Whether they have good morals or bad morals will make or break their reputation and/or their success. You would think, and hope, that a person with good morals would always be more successful than a person with bad, but that usually isn't the case. In this day and age, greed and deceit are often the things that catapult people to the top of corporations. It is refreshing however, to hear of people with good ethical leadership every once in a while on top.

I wish that everyone just chose that route. I'm sure in the millennium things will be different, but for now you just gotta decide whats more important, good moral ethical leadership, with strong character and integrity, or bad moral ethical leadership, that might get you places, but you're reputation would be like moldy swiss cheese, full of holes and bad nasty rotten pieces.

In my leadership role, there is really not very much room to apply this principle, but I think that just going to gym kids and adaptive aquatics when I say I am going to go and being fully engaged and active the entire time will help me develop good ethical leadership. I will develop my integrity which will create good ethics in my leadership by going to volunteer when I say I will volunteer. And like I said before, part of being of service is being fully engaged during the time with the kids, so I will spend my time there wisely.

Anyways, thats what I plan on doing and I'm excited to practice good ethical leadership!


1 comment:

  1. christian,

    i really enjoyed your analogy with the stinky cheese. now for analogy of my own:

    “A man without ethics is a wild beast loosed upon this world.”

    try not to be a wild beast this week! (ps. im glad you can see that you can be an ethical leader, even if in a small way!)

    ReplyDelete